Euro Stars Gymnastics
Athlete Protection Policy
Euro Stars Gymnastics believes in safe gymnastics and is committed to creating a safe and positive environment for athletes and parents, as well as, promoting an environment that is free of misconduct.
Therefore, the following Policy has been set forth to promote a safe environment for gymnastics, both solely and in partnership with other necessary parties, including staff, volunteers, parents, and athletes.
Euro Stars Gymnastics has no tolerance for abuse, including inappropriate behavior and sexual misconduct, in its programs, activities and events. All coaches, staff and volunteers shall abide by and adhere to all USAG and Euro Stars policies, standards, rules, procedures and guidelines pertaining to safe environments/athlete protection. All professional staff must be safe sport certified.
Definition of Abuse
Abuse, including child abuse, is defined in various sources, but Euro Stars Gymnastics does not tolerate abuse. Abuse may be considered:
- CONTACT: Beating, punching, slapping, striking.
It is never okay for anyone to strike another person in any setting, and there is no approved coaching method in any sport where physical abuse is considered appropriate. If you have been harmed by being hit, slapped or kicked, please contact your local police or legal authorities immediately. You should also file a report with USA Gymnastics Safe Sport.
- NON-CONTACT: Confinement; forcing an athlete to assume a painful position for no athletic purpose; denying hydration, medical attention or nutrition.
Non-contact physical misconduct is difficult to recognize and will often be veiled in the explanation of “tough” coaching practices. It can include isolating an athlete from the rest of the team for an undetermined period of time or denying water as punishment for failing to complete a skill in the correct way. The intent is obedience and the method is through fear.
- ABSENCE OF ATHLETE CARE: Encouraging or knowingly permitting an injured athlete to return to practice without clearance by medical professional or parental authority.
In the simplest of terms, this type of misconduct includes the manipulation of a gymnast to train, demanding a gymnast train on an injury against advice of a medical professional, or having an athlete return to training when a medical professional has not approved the return.
Physical contact that is reasonably intended to coach, teach or demonstrate a gymnastics skill or to prevent or lessen injury (e.g., spotting, catching) does not constitute physical abuse. Infrequent, non-intentional physical contact particularly that which arises out of error on the part of the gymnast or coach, does not constitute physical abuse.
Rape, fondling, exhibitionism or sexual exploitation.
Any form of sexual contact or inappropriate touching, unwanted physical contact, unwelcome advances or requests for sexual favors.
Any form of wanton or obscene gesturing, lewd remarks or indecent exposure.
Sexual abuse of a minor includes without limitation:
– Touching a minor participant for the purpose of causing the sexual arousal or gratification of either person.
– A minor participant touching any person, if the touching occurs at the request of or with the consent of such other person, for the sexual arousal or gratification of either person
– Neither consent of the participant to the sexual abuse or contact, mistake as to the participant’s age, nor the fact that the sexual contact did not take place at a gymnastics function is a defense to a complaint of sexual abuse.
– Sexual abuse also includes sexual misconduct described in the USA Gymnastics
Code of Ethical Conduct, including:
Soliciting or engaging in sexual relations with any minor.
Engaging in any behavior that utilizes the influence of a professional member’s position as coach, judge or administrator to encourage sexual relations with an athlete.
Engaging in sexual harassment by making unwelcome advances, requests for sexual favors or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature where such conduct creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment. 9. Any violation of applicable law involving sexual misconduct or child abuse, or that is specifically designed to protect minors.
Standards of Behavior
To promote a safe gymnastics environment for Euro Stars Gymnastics activities and events, and to lessen the likelihood of an abusive situation, coaches, staff and volunteers must adhere to the following Standards of Behavior, as well as, sound teaching and training.
• Children are to be supervised at all times.
• Euro Stars Gymnastics coaches will never be alone with a child; two adults (one of whom may be a parent) are required to be present at all times. This includes all travel situations, before and after classes and workouts, and private lessons, etc. Please do not drop off your child early (more than 5 minutes before class) to ensure that two staff members are present. If you arrive early, you will need to remain on site until another staff member arrives. Always pick up on time as well.
• All interactions (practices, workouts, competitions, lessons, classes, meetings, etc.) with a child shall be observable and interruptible at all times.
• Care should be taken to ensure that such physical contact is not invasive of sensitive areas of the body. Two layers (underwear or shorts)
• Children may only be picked up from Euro Stars Gymnastics by a parent or other person designated by a parent.
• Parents are encouraged to become as active as reasonably possible in the activity/event.
• Gift-giving or providing special favors or privileges to individual athletes is prohibited.
• Lap-sitting, tickling, back rubs, wrestling and other incidents of body contact that are inconsistent with the coach-athlete relationship are prohibited.
• Provision of alcohol or inappropriate drugs to athletes is prohibited.
• Electronic and social media communications with athletes are subject to Euro Stars Gymnastics and USAG Communications Policy.
Any suspected violation of this policy or Euro Stars Gymnastics other safe environment/athlete protection-related policies, standards, rules, procedures and guidelines should be reported and will be addressed pursuant to Olympia Gymnastics Academy’s Reporting Policy. Violations could result in progressive discipline up to and including immediate termination.
Register Online Today!
Perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae. Ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut.
Nunc consequat justo eget enim finibus porta. Suspendisse orci nunc, rutrum quis nunc sed, feugiat hendrerit massa.
In cursus ornare sollicitudin. Ut libero urna, sollicitudin et porttitor id, tempus vitae nisl. Quisque a venenatis libero.
Suspendisse hendrerit tincidunt metus id sollicitudin. Praesent sed sapien id arcu congue dapibus dapibus nec est.
Our Students Love Us
Ready to Make a Change?
Nunc consequat justo eget enim finibus porta. Suspendisse orci nunc. Nunc consequat justo eget enim finibus porta. Suspendisse orci nunc.